Top 10 Places to Eat on Okaloosa Island
Vacations are for good vibes and good times. Okaloosa Island is the ideal destination for the perfect beach getaway. Nothing completes a vacation quite like good food, and Okaloosa Island has some incredible restaurants packing incredible flavor. We have compiled a list of our top 10 places to eat on Okaloosa Island for you to get in on the action! These delicious restaurants have unique differences that make them spectacular with one thing in common: GOLF CART ACCESSIBLE. Delicious and convenient, we can’t think of anything better!
- Stewby’s- Stewbys Seafood Shanty is a locally owned and operated seafood joint you do not want to miss while in town. All the seafood sold at Stewby’s is caught locally from boats out of Destin, Florida- talk about fresh! Their sauces and sides are all homemade from scratch, which is one of the many reasons this tiny place is so successful. They offer affordable and delicious seafood to tourists and locals alike. Come in straight from the beach and feel welcome!
- The Gulf- The Gulf is the perfect spot for foodies looking for a great atmosphere and food. The trademark design elements of shipping containers, contrasted with palms, sand, and surf, create an ambiance of chic and casual elegance that always greets you warmly. They emphasize local ingredients and give you excellent food at great rates! The outdoor ambiance is what makes the Gulf so unique. Enjoy your food and beverages as you overlook the sparking bay underneath the twinkling string lights.
- Asiago’s Skillet- We know that nothing screams vacation like a fantastic breakfast spot- Asiago’s Skillet has you covered. Enjoy excellent food and great coffee at affordable prices. Their omelets are out of this world and known for their handcrafted skillets cooked to perfection. Add some bubbly to really start your morning!
- Fubar- Fubar Pizza Bar is a great place to enjoy great food and views. Fubar is located right on the bay and offers a great atmosphere and nightly specials! Their pizza is incredible, and their location is pristine if you want to enjoy a night overlooking the water. They also have arcade games and a pool for added fun.
- Anglers- Anglers are an Okaloosa Island staple on the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy the breathtaking sunset while eating dinner outside, overlooking the beautiful beaches. Anglers are known for their delicious seafood and perfect location. After dinner, enjoy a walk on the Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier.
- Rockin’ Tacos- Rockin’ Tacos is serving up some serious flavor. This cantina packs a punch with its exceptional atmosphere, fantastic food, and delicious drinks. Choose to sit inside or on their outside covered patio and enjoy a boldly flavored meal with your friends and family. Rockin Tacos is always a hit- for people of all ages.
- AJ’s Oyster Shanty- Since 1984, AJ’s Seafood and Oyster Bar has served cold Gulf Coast oysters and cool libations. What began as a popular local hangout known for fresh oysters and cold beer has become one of the most iconic “hot spots” on the Emerald Coast. AJ’s Oyster Shanty has live music every night of the week. He is a perfect place to enjoy each other’s company while on vacation.
- Al’s Beach Club and Burger Bar- Come for the food & view, and stay for a good time! Al’s Beach Club and Burger Bar serve delicious burgers, frozen custard shakes, a large selection of craft beers, live entertainment, and much more! Enjoy fresh quality products from sustainable food sources, all while taking in the best Gulf views on Okaloosa Island. Good times, great food, and a fabulous view of Fort Walton Beach are right around the corner at Al’s.
- Old Bay Steamer- Old Bay Steamer on Okaloosa Island is an experience of quality steamed seafood, exceptional steaks, and locally-famous ribs. It is also a celebration of great music and eclectic works of art. Open daily for dinner, evening cocktails, and great company.
- Floyds- Floyd’s Shrimp House is everything you could ask for while on vacation regarding family-friendly dining on Okaloosa Island. At Floyd’s, everything is served up BIG. Big flavors, big fun, and significant in their notorious all-you-can-eat fish and shrimp platters. From shrimpers to fresh seafood and favorites to please all palates – they got it all, and you’ll come back for more!
Next time you are in town, we recommend trying out these 10 restaurants. As we mentioned- an added bonus is all 10 (YES… all 10) of these incredible restaurants are Golf Cart accessible. Imagine coming off the beach, hopping on your Island Golf Cart Rental, and cruising to these conveniently located and delicious restaurants.